- Getting Started
- Tour the Interface
- Tour the Layers
- JMARS Video Tutorials
- Lat/Lon Grid Layer
- Map Scalebar
- Crater Counting
- Shape Layer
- Advanced/Custom Maps
- Graphic/Numeric Maps
- Custom Map Sharing
- HiRISE Anaglyph
- HiRISE DTM
- CRISM Stamp Layer
- Region of Interest
- THEMIS Planning
- Release Notes
- Video Tutorials
- Viewing THEMIS VIS Coverage
- Displaying the Main View in 3D
- Finding THEMIS Observation Opportunities
- Submitting a THEMIS Region of Interest
- Loading a Custom Map
- Viewing TES Data in JMARS
- Using the Shape Layer
- Shape Layer: Selecting a non-default column for circle-radius
- Shape Layer: Selecting a non-default column for fill-color
- Shape Layer: Add a Map Sampling Column
- Shape Layer: Adding a new color column based on the values of a radius column
- Shape Layer: Using Expressions
- Using JMARS for MSIP
- Download JMARS
- Open Source
JMARS Available Downloads and Documentation
Some advanced features of JMARS require a JMARS login." It is free and you can get it by filling out minimal information here
- For Beginning Users: Click on the name of your operating system in the list below to download JMARS
- For Experienced Users: If you already have Java 1.5 or later installed, you can also install JMARS using the WebStart version, which will automatically update your software as new versions of JMARS are made available.
- For Advanced Users: You can also download the JMARS jar file, which is the raw program executable.
The JMARS client is designed to be compact, but it does pull a large amount of data from the servers at ASU's Mars Space Flight Facility and must handle that data on the user's machine once it has been downloaded. Therefore, the minimum recommended system requirements are:
- A 24 bit video sub-system (required)
- DSL, Cable, T-1, or better network connection (128Kbps) (recommended)
- 4G of RAM (recommended)
- Display capable of a resolution of 1024x768 (recommended)
You can also view release notes for the Earth version of JMARS.
|Release 1.24||Sat, 2011-03-05||
This release adds some major new features and datasets, including:
- A new Projected CTX stamp layer
- A new Davinci stamp layer for advanced users (see http://davinci.asu.edu/index....
|Release 1.23||Mon, 2010-09-20||
This is a minor update to correct an intermittent issue with autosave when a stamp layer is loaded.
|Release 1.22||Wed, 2010-09-08||
This is a minor release. JMARS now automatically saves the place history and active layers once per minute; you may choose to restore the last autosave when logging in. This release fixes some issues with THEMIS VIS ABR image rendering, shape area...
|Release 1.21||Fri, 2010-09-03||
This release adds some exciting new features. The stamp layer can render and plot full resolution HiRISE DTMs. The shape layer can now work with circles, and has a vastly improved ESRI shp reader that can handle projected shapefiles and much larger...
|Release 1.20||Mon, 2010-05-17||
This release addresses numerous user interface issues, extends KML and CSV support, includes a lookup table operator to aid in symbolizing shape files, and adds a threshold operation to hide map pixels above, at, or below some threshold value.